The header image is a drawing I made a long time ago for some other design, but it was not used. It's pretty simple-looking, and I believe it makes a great blog template.
This work is released under the Creative Commons Licence.
- Leave the credit and link back to http://inobscuro.com/http://inobscuro.com/visible.
- Do not redistribute.
- Personal, non-profit use only.
- Derivative work prohibited.
- Download the .ZIP file containing the entire template;
- Unzip the file. Use software like WinRAR, WinZIP, StuffIt etc. (If you have Windows XP then you don't need to download any additional software);
- Open the file index.html in your text editor (Notepad) and edit the website title, content and links in the navigation area. (Those areas are marked with comments.) Save edited files under corresponding names (for example about.html,links.html...);
- Upload all the files and folders to your server.
For detailed information on istalling this layout, please refer to my tutorial Installing premade templates.
The layout is entirely formatted using CSS, so I strongly advise you not to change it, otherwise the layout might break. Editing the content should be easy, just keep it within the areas marked with comments. To keep the template looking exactly as you see it, use tags and classes provided in this example.
Normal text, bold <b>,italic <i>,link <a>
To make text appear in this box, use the
blockquotetag, or add a class
"box"to any element.
To make a link in the main menu appear highlighted (like "Home" shown here) add a class
"active" to the list item (
This is how the forms might look like:
Have fun and enjoy :)